Since 1989, Jim Peterson has represented injured people in various types of litigation, including trials, arbitrations, settlements, mediations, workers’ compensation matters, administrative hearings, social security disability hearings, and appeals in those areas.
Jim has represented people in work injuries, car accident, slip and fall, product liability, liquor liability, discrimination, and social security disability cases.
He has lectured at various seminars, primarily in the areas of workers’ compensation and personal injury.
Jim is a member of the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association, including a member of the Board of Governors. Each year he serves as chairperson of the mid-winter convention of the MTLA.
He is licensed to practice in the state and federal courts in Minnesota. He has a BV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas Of Practice
Personal injury and workers’ compensation
- Civil Trial Specialist certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Civil Trial Specialist certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota (1987)
- Wisconsin (1999)
- Federal Courts of Minnesota (1989) and Wisconsin (1999)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1987 (Cum Laude)
- University of Wisconsin, Bachelor of Arts (English), 1984 (With Honors)
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics (Top 40 in Workers’ Compensation)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ) Board of Governors (1997 – 2006)
- Duluth Trial Lawyers Association (DTLA) President (1996 – 1997)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)
- 11th District Bar Association Board of Directors (1997 – 1999)
- 11th District Bar Association President (2001-2002)
- District Ethics Committee (1995 – 2002)